Home Staging to sell or stay in Spring - HGTV
It is gorgeous Spring and that piece of real estate you own deserves some attention. Whether you are staging your home for sale this Spring or planning to stay put - these tips are simple and doable - even for a lazy gardener like me.
HGTV had some glorious ideas for staging this Spring.
1. Clean, clean and clean some more - organize closets, drawers, windows, baseboards, light fixtures, polish knobs and pulls, clean grout.
2. Rent a steam cleaner for the carpets, buff the hardwood floors with polyurethane.
3. Put away dark and cozy accessories and bring out the bright and colorful pillows, throws and area rugs.
4. Pull back curtains, raise the shades and blinds and switch on lights for showings.
5. Smells of fresh baked cookies is enticing - but if that is too much - light a candle with a mild natural fragrance appealing to all senses.
6. Bring blooms in from the garden - sprigs of cut flowers in vases scattered around the house, or simply botanical prints make it cheerful.
7. Clear off the counter - toasters, food processors, coffee makers all make the space look smaller and cluttered, clear them off and show off the beautiful granite!
8. A fresh floor mat, a spring wreath or a fun spring sign on the front door says "welcome!"
9. Potted plants with colorful flowers at the front curb or on the back porch or patio add tremendous charm.
10. Maintain the lawn meticulously while you are listed for sale. Hire a service if needed.
To see pictures and learn more about the designers that gave these tips - visit HGTV - frontdoor.com
Bela Vora, R3ALTOR
Coldwell Banker Preferred